Friday, January 15, 2010

Beginning the Fundraising Push

As you may or may not know, the Breast Cancer 3-Day requires all walkers to raise at least $2300 in donations in order to participate. And that always seems like such a daunting task to me on many levels. One, it is just a large amount of money, and this time around, times are particularly financially tight for everyone, so I'm not sure how much (or if) people will be able to donate. And two, it just always feels kind of awkward two ask friends and loved ones for money-- especially when you know that things are tight for some of them.

But what it has and always will come down to is the fact that it is such a good cause. Yes, I need to raise the money in order to participate in an event, but the money raised goes straight to helping fund breast cancer awareness events/campaigns, breast cancer research, screening for people who cannot afford it, and many other very important things. I'm walking to draw attention to breast cancer and help make people aware, but I'm raising money to help stop people from dying from breast cancer. And that's what it really comes down to. So, no matter how awkward it may feel to request money from people, I think of the lives it can and will save, and that makes it worthwhile.

If you're reading this, then you're probably a friend or family member, so don't be surprised when you get a message from me soon asking for money! Just remember, it is for a good cause! I'll try my best to keep everyone posted with how fundraising is going!

Best,
Jessie

p.s. There is a link to the right that will let you donate in my name and help me reach the fundraising minimum $2300. (If I can, I actually want to raise $3,000, but I figure start small and build from there)

No comments:

Post a Comment